8/10/09

Ansel Adams Photography

In 1963, Ansel Adams and Nancy Newhall were commissioned to produce a book to commemorate the centennial celebration of the University of California campuses and its many research field stations (McGraw Hill Book Company, 1967). The UCR/California Museum of Photography store on Zazzle.com currently offers 69 images from this collection from which high-end reproductions can be purchased. Proceeds help support the museum programs and collections.

Vineyard and Hills, Draper Vineyard, 1966 print

Photograph by Ansel Adams, made for the centennial of the University of California.
Made from scan of original negative [1987.0027.4.UCEXT.16] in the collection of UCR/California Museum of Photography. Sweeney/Rubin Ansel Adams Fiat Lux Collection UCR/California Museum of Photography, University of California, Riverside.

Oak Trees at Hopland Station, May 1966 print

Photograph by Ansel Adams, made for the centennial of the University of California.
Made from scan of original negative [1987.0027.4.UC.18] in the collection of UCR/California Museum of Photography. Sweeney/Rubin Ansel Adams Fiat Lux Collection UCR/California Museum of Photography, University of California, Riverside.

Surf, Rocks, and Foam Lines Near Bodega Station print

Photograph by Ansel Adams, made for the centennial of the University of California.
Made from scan of original negative [1987.0027.4.UC.15] in the collection of UCR/California Museum of Photography. Sweeney/Rubin Ansel Adams Fiat Lux Collection UCR/California Museum of Photography, University of California, Riverside.


I have always been a fan of the work of Ansel Adams and have several reproduction prints of his photography throughout my house. I love seeing his work available through Zazzle.com as I know the print quality is amazing.

I recently purchased one of my photographs of the California Coastline that I had made into a poster and was extremely impressed with the print job. I'm so proud of the photograph and so pleased with Zazzle's printing. I now have a gorgeous piece of my own artwork hanging in my living room, but I can have the utmost confidence that when someone purchases something from my shop, The Spotted Olive™, they will be pleased. Thanks Zazzle!

To purchase a copy of this print, please click here.

No comments: