4/29/11

A Photo A Day: Project 7: Day 2

Today is the second day of my Project 7 challenge to myself to take a photo a day for the next seven days. And on day two of my Project 7 challenge, I've already learned a few new things about my camera and it's settings! Who knows, maybe I'll actually be able to keep taking a photo a day and meet the Project 365 challenge!



Since today is Arbor Day, I thought it would be appropriate to photograph one of my favorite trees. I love trees and this is a picture of an aspen tree that is in my backyard. I have always been drawn to and fascinated by this tree because to me it looks like it has "eyes." I chose to take this picture in black and white because I am a huge fan of Ansel Adams and have always love his nature photography. I have several of his prints throughout my house. I also love the photography of Anton Corbijn (one of my very favorites) and have his print of the "Joshua Tree" from the U2 album cover of the same name hanging in my living room. Nature is beautiful.

2 comments:

Jasmine said...

Pretty cool. That's a great photo. What is project 365? By the way, this is a great site to join to share your photography. http://dailypics.ning.com/

The Spotted Olive said...

Hi Jasmine! Thanks for the comment and the link. :) Project 365 is a project of taking a photo each day for a year. You can read more about it here. http://content.photojojo.com/tutorials/project-365-take-a-photo-a-day/ There are actually several variations out there if you search for it in google. :)